Call our friendly staff today!
7 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713
Emergency Dentistry at The Bellport Village Dentist
Dental emergencies can catch you off-guard, but they should never be ignored. Ignoring a dental emergency might increase the risk of permanent damage or the need for expensive treatments. The golden rule is to see the dentist within thirty minutes or less to save on your tooth or prevent other complications.
Some of the common dental emergencies are:
- Knocked-Out Teeth: A knocked-out tooth can be quite painful and needs immediate attention. If there is bleeding it is first important to get this to stop. If you can retrieve the tooth, hold it by the crown and rinse off the root of the tooth with water. Don’t remove any attached tissue as these help in securing the tooth back in place. If it is not possible to reinsert the tooth, please the tooth in a small container of milk and visit our office within one hour of the tooth being knocked out.
- Broken and Chipped Tooth: If you experience chipped or cracked teeth it is important to seek help from our office. If possible, save the broken tooth fragment and rinse your mouth and the broken pieces with warm water. If there is bleeding, apply a piece of gauze to the area for roughly ten minutes to stop the bleeding. Visit our office to fix the broken or chipped tooth to avoid further damage.
- Dental Bleeding: If your teeth are bleeding after a facial injury, rush to our office for emergency dental treatment. Even if the bleeding stops after first aid, you must seek assistance from our office to avoid further complications.
- Broken Wires and Braces: If a wire breaks or sticks out of a bracket in your braces and pokes your cheeks, gum, or tongue, try and push it to a comfortable level. If you are unable to reposition it, add a cotton swab until you reach our office. Do not try to cut the wire, as you might swallow it accidentally. Dr. Graskemper will fix the issue as soon as possible to provide immediate relief.
- Abscess: An abscess is an infection that usually occurs around the root of a tooth or in the space between the gums and teeth. Abscesses are a serious condition that can damage the surrounding teeth and tissues. If left untreated, the infection might spread to other parts of the body. It is best to visit our office as soon as possible if you discover the signs of an abscess like pain or swelling in the gums.
If you experience a dental emergency, it is important that you don’t panic and seek out professional help. Call The Bellport Village Dentist immediately for emergency dentistry and let our office help.